Friday 6 April 2012

She Said Beauty - April Box


As you may already know, I signed up to receive the monthly beauty box from She Said Beauty last month and so after what felt like an eternity of waiting patiently, my lovely package finally arrived (days after other people got theirs but that's what I get for living out in the middle of nowhere!) Since I had already peeked at what was inside my box in the preview they send you via e-mail to let you know that your box has been dispatched, I knew what to expect but was excited to see which colours had been chosen for me! When signing up you can fill out a 60-second profile on yourself so She Said Beauty can personalise the colours to your taste.


 
The packaging of the outer box was a little worse for wear on mine but was a lovely bright pink colour, I opened it up (what was left of it!) to reveal a lovely turquoise blue box lined with pink tissue paper and tied with matching pink ribbon. So cute! Inside was a card that told you a bit more about the contents of the box and all my goodies were laid out on straw for me to see.



This is what I got:

Filthy Gorgeous Nail Polish Tu-Tu Much 10ml (full size)
I received Tu-Tu Much which I was secretly hoping for,  I already own alot of polishes but none are quite as bright as this pink! It's gorgeous, I can't wait to try it out and as this is a brand I've never heard of before and I love trying new polishes! RRP £9.


Comfort Zone Body Expert Kit (sample sachets of each)
  • Fruity Peel Exfoliator RRP £24.50 150ml
  • Aromasoul Shower Gel RRP £19.95 200ml
  • D-Age Body Cream RRP £48 200ml
  • Body Strategist+ Remodeller RRP £40.95 150ml
  • Vital Leg Cream RRP £32.75 200ml
  • Tranquillity Cream RRP £58.25 200ml
This will be good for a pampering evening on myself one night, although I'll be saving the Body Strategist+ Remodeller for AFTER the baby comes!  There are alot of samples here but I don't like sachets as you can't try out the product properly in my opinion. The RRP's on these products are on the high side and I don't think I'd buy full-size based on just one use, so I think it would've been better to get a bigger sample in a tube of one item instead of the 6 sachets. 


Mischa Barton Luscious Lips Pink Pop 8g (full size)
I love this already! It just leaves a hint of colour on the lips, feels moisturising, looks glossy and contains vitamins and SPF15 ..definitely something I would buy! RRP £12.


Bellapierre Shimmer Powder Champagne 2.35g (full size)
I have never tried any of their products before and this is a lovely colour, it's nice and neutral and I don't own alot of mineral based make up. As well as being multi-purpose, it's also 100% hypoallergenic.  I'm looking forward to using this! RRP £12.99.


Bharti Vyas The Ultimate Therapy Face and Neck Polisher (Sample pot)
The packaging for this isn't very appealing but it's the contents that matter I guess! I love trying out new skincare products as I'm not using much other than face wipes at the moment.  It claims to 'turn back the clock and look years younger....& notice the difference in just one week!' I think there is enough in the pot provided to last roughly 2-3 days, as it is recommended to use twice daily. RRP for 125ml is £22.50. I think I will do a review on this item to see how different my skin looks once I have finished the pot.


Erno Laszlo The Hollywood Collection (samples sachets of each)
  • Marilyn Monroe, Morning Beauty Rescue RRP £95 1.7oz
  • Grace Kelly, Refresh Moisture Infusion RRP £125 1.7oz
  • Ava Gardner, Instant Eye Repair RRP £85 0.5oz
  • Katharine Hepburn, Intensive Porcelain Veil RRP £140 1.7oz
  • Greta Garbo, Velvet Night Cream RRP £175 1.7oz
This was included as a bonus item in this month's box. I'm looking forward to trying these out as a nice treat as these are definitely not prices I'd pay!

And another treat was also included - a Lindt Chocolate egg! Another bonus for this month since it's Easter... aww She Said Beauty you are just too kind!

Overall I am really pleased with the contents of my box. The full size items (Filthy Gorgeous Nail Polish, Mischa Barton Luscious Lips Pink Pop and Bellapierre Shimmer Powder) are worth £33.99 alone! So I would say it's well worth it for the monthly subscription price of £9 plus £2.95 P&P.

Beauty boxes have never really appealed to me in the past as I always thought I'd rather spend the money to buy something I actually want or need, but I admit I was still curious and wanted to see what all the fuss was about for myself....I'm glad that my beauty box virginity has now been popped and I will keep my subscription for a little while longer to see what other treats She Said Beauty have to offer me!

Are you a subscriber to She Said Beauty or any other monthly beauty box?

0 comments:

Post a Comment