Sunday 15 April 2012

Benefit Finding Mr Bright


I love these little beauty kits by Benefit! Even if they are slightly pricey for sample versions (£28.50 for this one) I still love them, and as with all of Benefit's products, a little goes a long way.

The neon pink and orange packaging is so bright and eye-catching and inside the handy mini-sized products are great for carrying around with you, it would fit in your makeup bag easily and would be perfect for taking with you for a weekend away, it has a built-in mirror too. This kit has everything in it to brighten you skin up!

The kit includes: 
Girl Meets Pearl - 7.5ml
Posietint - 4ml
High Beam - 2.5ml
Erase Paste (02 Medium) 3.2g 





Girl Meets Pearl 
This is a lovely soft golden-pink colour, it can be worn alone or mixed in with your foundation. It smells gorgeous and makes my skin glow, I apply it after my foundation and it really brightens my complexion and gives me a dewy look. I found it to be quite shimmery and thought it might be a bit too much for my usual daytime makeup but it looked great and I only needed a tiny amount.

Posietint
I still haven't mastered applying Benefit cheek stains and always end up with a mark as I haven't blended quick enough! However, I will persevere with this one as the poppy-pink colour is suited to my skin tone and they have alot of staying power.  I loved this colour on my lips too, it was a really sheer light pink.

High Beam
I remember receiving this once after buying it on eBay and was so disappointed with it I threw it to the bottom of my makeup basket. It wasn't until I was at my local Benefit counter some time later and the girl applied it for me I remembered thinking the texture to what I had at home was so different, it compared to the gloopy glue you used to get in classrooms as a child! I realised then I had bought a fake on eBay and bought a full-sized real bottle that day and have since used every last drop! I'm glad to have this back in my life and safe to say I will be using this ALOT!

Erase Paste (02 Medium)
I have had 2 full-sized pots of these, and they are worth every penny.  This colour is slightly too dark but 01 I find is too light for me! So I normally have both and mix them together which is the perfect combo for my skin colour. This can be used all over and is good for hiding bigger blemishes or spots as it's quite thick, when used under my eyes it is really brightening and lasts all day.

 Swatches Left to Right: Girl Meets Pearl, Posietint, High Beam, Erase Paste 02 Medium

0 comments:

Post a Comment