Sunday 1 April 2012

Percy and Reed Totally TLC Hydrating Mask

I'm a bit late with this review but I wanted to share my thoughts on this fabulous hair mask. This came free with April's edition of Glamour and again it was another good size sample at 100ml worth £12. (Is it just me or have magazine freebies have been great lately?!)

Anyway, my hair has been acting up and has seriously been lacking shine and feeling a bit on the dry side so I've been on a bit of a rescue mission lately...cue Percy and Reed Totally TLC Hydrating Mask. The packaging is simple but sleek and has a high end look about it and I love the quirky name which is what attracted me to try it.






What it does:
'Need a rescue remedy? This deep, indulgent treatment helps restore your hair's vitality making it soft and more manageable. How? Well, we've enlisted marshmallow to lend a hand nourishing and strengthening stressed tresses, and coconut oil for deep conditioning and moisturising. Our heroes.'
Directions:
'Work the mask through the hair gently massaging from roots to ends until the hair is covered. Wrap hair up and cover with a towel to create a warmer temperature. Leave on for a minimum of 10 minutes, then remove towel and rinse thoroughly.'

This was a great treat for my hair and I found it to be the best hair mask in comparison to the others I've tried lately, it had a clean and fresh smell but sadly I couldn't detect any marshmallow or coconut which I was really looking forward to but it was still lovely all the same. What made this product stand out for me was the finished result, it didn't weigh my hair down atall (I have loads of really long thick hair!) and it left my hair feeling soft and looking shiny. I'm always a bit dubious about leaving hair masks in for more than a few minutes as they always seem to make my hair feel heavy and greasy, so I will often just work it through the ends and leave it in while I apply my scrub.  I thought the instructions that came with this weren't too clear, so I shampooed first then worked the mask in from the ends and used a wide-toothed comb to comb through, then wrapped my hair in a towel and left it in for the minimum 10 minutes that was recommended and then rinsed.

R.R.P for this is £20 for a 175ml tub, which is not bad considering the small amount that needs to be used per application - it would last for ages!
Take a look at Percy and Reed's full range of products here: www.percyandreed.com/product/range

I like the look of the No Fuss Fabulousness Dry Shampoo and Conditioner from their styling range so will be checking that out!

Have you tried any Percy and Reed products? What did you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment