Saturday 14 April 2012

Mini MUA Haul & more

It's been a while since my last post how is everyone doing? Hope you all had a lovely Easter break, mine was filled with the usual family BBQ, a bit of spring cleaning and of course lots of chocolate and cakes!

Just thought I'd update with a few items I picked up last weekend that I'm loving...





Garnier Body Soothing Gel-Cream, £4.99 
This was £2 off in Superdrug so thought I'd try it out.  It claims that after 4 weeks of continued use, your skin will still feel hydrated for up to 7 days after the last application.  I got the L-Bifidus + Peach extract for Dry and Sensitive Skin.  This is really lightweight and dries almost instantly so I can get dressed right away and doesn't feel greasy which I love.  It has a light peach scent and my skin is kept hydrated all day, my legs have been quite dry lately but this helps and they still feel silky smooth from this morning! 


Vaseline Limited Edition Lip Therapy in Crème Brûlée, £2.99
This isn't new but I have been hunting for it everywhere and thought I'd missed it when I spotted this in my local Superdrug.  I swear by Vaseline and always carry a tub with me, I imagined this to smell alot nicer, it reminds me of something else which I can't put my finger on (although I have to say I don't sniff my crème brûlée when eating one!) I'm glad I got it though as I will get use of it, but my Vaseline with Cocoa Butter is still top of the list for now!

 


MUA Lipstick in Nectar Shade 15, £1
... I can't believe that for just £1 products can be THIS good! The lipstick is a lovely coral/orangey colour, good pigmentation - it's not my usual colour but the wear time was good and didn't find it to be drying atall. I will be trying out other colours from the range, big thumbs up from me!

MUA Lip Gloss Shade 5, £1
I love this colour it's a really sheer light pink with a hint of blue/purple shimmer. Pity that the bottle I picked up is faulty, the whole wand comes away when i twist it from the top. I managed to swatch it, if it was any other brand I would've probably decanted it into a tub but since it's only £1 I will pick up another one! Shame I can't use it right now though I definitely would've been wearing this otherwise.

MUA Blusher Shade 1 and 4, £1 each
I admit I wasn't expecting much but these blushers are sooooo pigmented - I actually put too much on my brush first time round!  Shade 1 is more suited to my skin tone it's a light bubblegum pink so girly and cute and this has now replaced my Benefit Dandelion. Shade 4 is a rosey/pink but might be suited to darker skin tones or when I wear a tan as it was too dark for my pale skin at the moment! 

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake, £7.99
I have finally been able to get my hands on one of these since being sold out everywhere I went! I opted for Strawberry Shortcake which is a light pink colour, I love this! It is very wearable and suits my skin tone, I have been using this daily since I got it and haven't switched to anything else!




Swatch (Top to Bottom): Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake, MUA Lipstick in Nectar Shade 15, MUA Lip Gloss Shade 5
 



Models Own Hed Kandi Nail Polish in Beach Party, £5
Models Own have teamed up with Hed Kandi to create a brilliant range of on-trend polishes.  I had to buy this colour! It's unlike any neon colour I've seen before. I will be trying this out on my toes, perfect for summer!  But the consistency of this polish is thinner and goes on quite streaky, I had to apply 3 coats to get a smooth look!



Models Own in Lilac Dream, £5
I love lilac and after being so impressed by the last Models Own polishes, I bought Lilac Dream. I now have 3 from the Ice Cream Sundae range and they apply so opaque and have a lovely shiny finish!








2 comments:

  1. The lilac nail polish looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a lovely colour, I love this on my nails. I'm so impressed with Models Own polishes at the moment!

      Zoe x

      Delete