Saturday 19 May 2012

Garnier Body Intensive 7 Day Challenge


I recently received a free sample pack to join the Garnier Body Intensive 7 day challenge. In the pack you receive 7 sachets of Intensive 7 days Shea Butter Softening Lotion and 2 Garnier skin readers. 





Before you begin the test you use skin reader 1: peel it back from the card and press the sticky black circle (making sure not to touch it) onto a clean, dry area of the shin for 3 seconds and remove to see the result. The sticky black circle picks up any dead skin cells and shows them up against the black. You then need to keep the first skin reader in a safe place to compare the results with skin reader 2, which is to be used 2 hours after applying the last sachet of lotion, 7 days later.



Can you see the difference in my 2 skin readers? The one on the left is before and the one on the right is after finishing the challenge.

I already own Garnier Intensive 7 days Peach Soothing Gel-cream so I could compare them, I was impressed with the results of the peach gel-cream but did not like texture and found the tingling sensation it gives after application to be quite annoying although it did leave my skin soft and smooth and sunk in almost immediately. I much preferred the Shea Softening Lotion, my skin looked and felt much healthier after the challenge and I loved the smell over the peach gel-cream, I will be buying the Shea version, however, I hate to waste products so will be using up the gel-cream first since it still moisturises my skin -  I will just have to put up with the irritating tingling feeling after application, maybe it will be nicer for the summer months.

Unfortunately due to high demand they are no longer giving out the free sample packs so I was lucky to get one when I did.

The Garnier Body Intensive 7 days range has recently been voted as product of the year in a consumer survey of Product Innovation 2012 and is the winner of Beauty Category.  Have you tried any of the Garnier Intensive 7 days products?

1 comment:

  1. I have this, tried one sachet and really liked it! Will consider buying the full bottle x

    ReplyDelete