Wednesday 28 March 2012

Spring 2012 Nail Polish Trends


Orange




Bright orange nails are huge this season and bring a certain retro feel with it. I love uplifting, modern brights and CND in Electric Orange is one of my favourites.





Pastels

Pastel shades have transformed from fun and youthful into a chic and sophisticated high-fashion look.  Go for creamy opaque shades for nails that will stand out.  I predict pistachios, soft lilacs and buttery yellows are set to be a big deal.  I love Orly in Lemonade a creamy pastel yellow and Essie in Navigate Her a gorgeous light pastel green...these colours just scream spring!



Blue 

Blue polishes are set to be huge and this is one trend that I can see carrying on through summer and into Autumn. Experiment with different hues – turquoise, navy and baby blue.  I'll be trying out Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer, On The Beach.  I can't wait to paint my nails with this colour!



Nudes 

Making a return this spring is the classic nude nail.  My clients are loving this look at the moment and with the right shade suited to your skin tone it can flatter your skin and elongate fingers...what's not to love?! Try Orly in Prelude To A Kiss.



Glitters

The glitter craze is continuing and is still proving to be popular with my clients. One that is catching everyone's eye is Nicki Minaj by O.P.I in Save Me. I love it too, the 3D holographic look adds excitement and is a variation for Spring.



 

 

Fuchsia 

Hot pink and fuchsia take on light pink and cotton candy colours this season. Flashbulb Fuchsia by O.P.I Nail Lacquer is perfect, the blue shimmering undertones adds dimension to this colour and looks flattering on fair and warmer skin tones.  This is my go-to colour and I always receive lots of compliments, i'm wearing it on my toes right now!


Will you be trying any of these nail polish trends for Spring 2012?

0 comments:

Post a Comment